Programme for Friday 2 August 2019 [PM]
19:00 – 19:30: Registration/coffee
19:30 – 20:30: Presentation with Q/A
20:30 – 21:00: Sunset observation
21:00 – 20:30: Crescent moon observation
22:30 – late: Stargazing (optional)
All visitors for the crescent moon watch event are requested to follow the guidelines below:
- Upon arrival at the site, please follow the one way system (5 mph) and look out for any children entering/leaving the carpark.
- Report to reception on your arrival and take a seat in the cafeteria, where all the talks/presentations will take place.
- The cafeteria will be open for the purchase of drinks and snacks.
- The crescent moon watch itself will take place after sunset from the back of the adjacent hay field, entered from the orchard area. See the above plan for details.
- Binoculars and telescopes may be available to help find the crescent moon, but please ensure you do not look at the sun through them at any time (as they may seriously damage your eyesight).
- Toilets are on the opposite side of the cafeteria, across form reception and also adjacent to the barn/children play area.
For Muslim visitors:
- The barn area may be used for sunset prayers. If you need a ritual wash (wudhu), please use the low-level sinks in the barn or outside the buildings.
- Please DO NOT use the toilet sinks for ritual wash (to avoid water hazards on the floor).
- The onsite observatory is in the green shipping container opposite the car park, which houses the telescopes (used for star gazing).